Thursday, February 21, 2013

Blown Tire


Blown Tire - I have had a number of things happen to me while driving. I have had my car completely die and drive no more and a number of other things but I have always just called AAA to come and help me out.  It was a requirement my Dad put on us once we were driving that we needed to have AAA available in case anything happened.  Well, there is no AAA here in Brazil and even if there was a similar service you need to have cell phone signal to make a call to that service.  Well, that is how I found myself on my drive from Petrolina (home of my fiancĂ©) to Crato (my home) last week.  I have seen flat tires before and I have heard them called a blown tire.  Well, I can for certain say that I have truly seen a blown tire, my rear tire was destroyed blown completely out as you can see from the picture below.

The guy in the next picture was my company for the trip as well as my mechanic, as it turned out.  His name is Samuel and he valiantly changed my tire on the side of the road.  Fortunately I had a spare tire ready to go and was back on the road in good time. Praise God because there was no cell phone signal, and the next town or anything was a good distance away.  So buying new tires is high on my list now, just trusting God to provide the money for them which I know He will.









No comments:

Post a Comment